Our Employment Law team can help you or your family with any contract disputes or issues at your place of work, where you think that your employer might be breaking the law.
We can help you with your contract issues, settlement agreements, compromise agreements, pay issues, disciplinary hearings, appeals and any other employment related problem.
If you are having any issues with your employer then it is critical that you seek advice quickly as you only have three months to issue a claim to the employment tribunal.
We’ll listen to your case and offer you expert legal advice in plain English, so you’ll know where you stand and if you have a legal right to claim.
10 Rights as an Employee:
- You are entitled to a contract of employment and your contract should be given to you within 2 months of your start date;
- If you work more than 6hrs per day you are entitled to a uninterrupted 20 minute rest break taken during the day;
- You are entitled to 11 hours of rest between each working day;
- You are entitled to one rest day a week ;
- You are entitled to a minimum of 5.6 weeks holidays a year;
- If you are a female who is having a baby you are entitled to 52 weeks maternity leave. It doesn’t matter how long you have worked for your employer and for men it is 2 weeks paid leave;
- Women are also entitled to a reasonable amount of paid time off to attend ante-natal classes
- If you are the parent of a child under 18 you are entitled to 18 weeks, unpaid parental leave if you have worked for your employer for over one year;
- You are entitled to take unpaid leave for emergencies. There is no set amount as it depends on what is reasonable in the circumstances;
- You are entitled to Statutory Sick pay if you are off for more than 4 consecutive days